Sunday, November 10, 2013

Many people use twitter to express how they feel about certain issues and their views are influenced by teleological, stellar and entropic time. The most common however, were teleological and stellar time. I would often read posts about random events that take place in people's everyday life such as something that happened that day, or present and future plans, or their views on a particular subject. Hardly did anyone share tweets that seemed to relate to entropic time, although I'm sure this is not unusual.  Maybe I need to follow more people.

Posting on twitter does not come very natural to me because of time constraints but my posts are mainly influenced by teleological time.  I like that twitter keeps me in the loop about things that matter to me.  I do not really care for the superficial aspect of it where people post just about anything because they have an audience. I try to exclude the private events in my life from these mediums and tend to keep the topics very general.  However, my life (outside if Twitter) is very much influenced by stellar time.  There is always something that happened as a result of another event and scenarios in my life are very intermingled.  Consequentially, I am always trying to figure out the "what if's." "What if I had not forgotten that book and didn't have to turn back, then I would have caught that bus, and...?"  Thankfully, much of my life is not affected by entropic time - although I beg to differ at this very moment after a very distressing phone conversation. Smh. These chaotic random events should be experienced few and far between because of how they tend to impact people's lives.

The Garden of Forking Paths was a very interesting story that allowed the reader to be pulled into its imaginary dimension.  It was so unpredictable and Borges makes it very difficult for the reader to figure out what will come next.  It introduced the idea of infinite existence, possibilities and parallel universe which I believe was more associated with stellar time, although I could identify all three types; teleological, stellar and entropic at different points in this story. What stood out to me was the whole matter of somehow achieving immortality by means of a never ending story, or by different scenarios that keep connecting. This really captures that idea of infinite time.

No comments:

Post a Comment