Thursday, November 14, 2013

Crazy Event

I have a very difficult time forcing myself to write on Twitter. It's just not in me, but I realized that due to events that occurred in real life and the existence of my Twitter account, I got slightly more engaged than I expected. This is why I feel like my Twitter account reflects Teleological time, in which some events are a result of something preceding it. When there is a political issue I see on the news, I would look on my Twitter feed to see what other followers say about this issue. This would also reflect on how I viewed that same issue. My friend uploaded a link to a video about "Bridal Kidnapping" which still exists in this world. This led me to have a negative mood throughout the day and spread that video with my friends.

The most unanticipated happening that ruptured my daily construct of living was actually semi-related to my Twitter account. When I first created my Twitter account, I tweeted about how excited I am for Bryant Park Ice Skating Rink to open. Then I followed the BryantPark rink on Twitter for updates. Once it opened and I started ice skating there, some dude decided to start shooting into the ice-skating rink, with me ten feet away from him and 3 seconds away from being infront of his shooting direction. This caused a big scene and chaos. This ultimately changed the plans of my week, and then I eventually ended up tweeting about it, and going back to my Twitter account to see what BryantPark had to tweet about it. It didn't mention the shooting, but mentioned the rink will be closed until further notice. Interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment